The Sacramento Guitar Society offers Free “Struminars” at select Public Libraries around Sacramento. Learn to strum your favorite tunes. Come join us weekly and bring your friends to double the fun!
Thanks to a grant from the California Arts Council’s 2019 Youth Arts Action Grant Program, the Sacramento Guitar Society offers free “Struminars” for youth ages 8 to 18. These sessions are offered from September 2019 thru May 2020 at the following local public libraries on a “walk-in” basis, but we would appreciate if you could register on the form provided below. Click on a library below to see the dates/times.
- Arcade Library, 2443 Marconi Ave – Wednesdays @ 4 pm beginning September 18
- M L King Library, 7340 24th Street Bypass – Tuesdays @ 4 pm beginning September 17
- North Natomas Library, 4660 Via Ignoglia – Tuesdays @ 3:30 pm beginning September 10
- Valley Hi Library, 7400 Imagination Parkway – Wednesdays @ 5:30 pm beginning September 12
- Carmichael Library, 5605 Marconi Ave – Wednesdays @ 4:00 pm beginning September 11
Students are encouraged to bring their own guitars, if they have one. We have a limited number of loaner guitars. Please arrive early. While we accept walk-ins, we would appreciate if you could fill out the form below to let us know that you plan to attend.
NOTE: Our goal is to show you how fun it is to play the guitar. We always encourage you to take private lessons to learn good techniques, but these classes are designed to get you started. Once you decide that playing the guitar is right for you, we can refer you to guitar teachers who are members of the Sacramento Guitar Society.